Article 1: The content and duration of formations in every discipline are fixed in the official program of the EPI group and aggregated by the Minister.
Article 2: The annual calendar of teaching and internships in compagnies is communicated in every departement and from the very beginning of the year.
Article 1: The admitted students to inscrptions in the first year in the EPI have to have at least a baccalaureat certificate or an equal diploma (Art. 17 Ch. 4 Loi n°2000-73 from 25 July 2000). The admitted students to inscrptions in the third year have to have at least a first cycle university diploma that is scientific and technological or an equal diploma. A pedagogical committe will judge the authorised level of admission and the equivalences that can be linked to it.
Article 2: students have to represent a full complete file (according to the modalities deined by the schooling services) while paying the study expenses required for the university year and posted by the EPI at the beginning of every year.
Article 3: The study expenses cover the totality of pedagogical activities planned by the study plans.
Article 4: the inscription is accomplished under the reservations of the amount judged as suffiscient to launch a formation program.
Article 1: inscription in EPI is a annual and the academic year is divided into two semesters. Every semester includes 14 weeks and i tends with final exams. A catching up session is also expected by the veryend of the academic year for students who did not succeed during the main session of exams.
Article 2: Semesters are organised through teaching units (UE). The UE might be taken as lectures, TDs, TPs, projects or personal work.
Article 3: Attending classes is compulsory. The authorised amount of absences is 25% of the semestrial number of hours of the UE. More than this,the student has no longer the right to sit for exams of the main session regarding the UE.
Article 4: The continuous assessment (CC) may take any form of evaluation chosen by the teacher in charge (DS, written test, oral test, TP, exposé, report, bibliography research,). The teacher has the task of submitting one mark related to the continuous assessment to the administration.
Article 5: Calculating the UE final mark is accomplished througha mixed strategy: 60% for the final exams 40% for the continuous assessment. Some UE (seminars, exposé, TP, …) might be evaluated as continuous assessment in an exclusive way.
Article 6: Passing from a class to another is accomplished by the annual mark that is superior or equal to 10/20. This final mark is calculated taking into concideration all the UE and their coeffiscients.
Article 7: For the catching up session, the final mark of every UE is calculated taking into concideration the best of the two marks givenin the main and in the catching up session.
Article 8: In the case where students have a final annual mark that is less than 10/20, ua class committee including EPI director and teachers can examin the cases of bying back the marks according to the regulations established by the Scientific Consultancy.
Article 9: Failing is authorised only once. In this case, students do sit only for the UE exams in which they had less than 10/20.
- During surveillance,the following regulations must be respected.
- The surveillance by teachers in the same discipline.
- If their number is not enough, teachers in the other disciplines participate in surveilling exams.
- Supervisors have to present in the classroom before the starting point of the exam. They have to check the materials present and the identity of the candidates while entering the room, walking between ranks or during the submission of exam papers. They have to distance students from each other.
- Supervisors do not have the right to practice any other activity during surveillance.
- In case of an emergency, they can help the student to leave the room immediatly.
- After submitting exam questions to all the students in the room, the starting and ending of the exam timing is written on the board.
Article 2: In the case of an explicit or implicit cheating, the supervisor in charge take all the measures to stop the cheating acts without interrupting other students. He has to keepthe pieces or materials that will justify the reality of things. He presents a verbal report countersigned by other supervisors. In the case of countersigning refusal, the comment is proceeded verbally. In case of a trouble that interrupts the proceeding of the exams, the exclusion from the exam room can be pronounced by the authorities in charge. The minimal punishment is a zero in the exam and it is given by the teacher in charge.
Article 3: In the case of fraud and/or offence, students will be exposed to the Discipline Consultancy of the school. The penalties used are the warning,verbal blaming, temporary exclusions from school, final exclusions from school. In addition, the fact of imposing one of these penalties leads to cancelling the exam automatically.
Article 4: During written supervisions, the following regulations must be respected by students. The student has to:
- Personelly compose on his own (accept for opposite arrangements)
- Only use the equipements that are authorised (calculators documents, etc.)
- Being present 10 minutes at least before the starting point of the exam
- Having all the necessary pieces of identification (student car dis compulsory)
- Signing the list of names
- Sit in the reserved places in case a numbering strategy is done
- Only use the papers and sheats that are provided by the administration
- Submit your paper back at the ending time of the exam.
The student is not allowed to:
- Keep his bags beside him/her where documents can take place
- Using any way that can provide him with non authorised information (papers, programming machines)
- Use of any ways to contact the outside
- Leave the exam room:
- Before 30 minutes from the beginning of the exam
- Without signing in front of his name on the listing paper
- Remain in the exam room once his paper is submitted.
Article 5: Access to the exam room is authorised to any student who is late and who presents himself after the real beginning of the exam as posted in the surveillance schedule, except when it is not beyond 20 minutes. No additional time is given to the student in this case.
Article 6: Any absence results in a penalty of having a zero in the final exam.
Article 1: The available formations in EPI are completed by compulsory professional internships. In the engineering fields, two professional internships are expected in the third and fourth year in addition to a project of ending studies (PFE) in the fifth year. The validation of the internships and the soutenece of the PFE are done according to the regulations established in each departement.
Article 2: Students who did not accomplish theur internships nor their project defence may benefit from an extention that can go to six months.
Article 1: It is strictly forbidden to smoke (staff and students), just like in all the other public spaces, inside the ensemble of buildings( including the entry hall, corridors, WCs). Ash boxes are available at the entry of the building in order to abolish cigaretts.
Article 2: Eating is forbidden (drinks included) inside the labs, the classroomsand the library. A refreshment bar is available for this purpose.
Article 3: The use of mobile phones is forbidden whether in receiving or in dialing calls inside the classrooms.
Article 4: Respecting others is an appropriate attitude regardless of all the cultural and social differences and it is an obligation. Politness, respecting teachers and students and the environment, the equipments and goods owned by the EPI are acts of citizenship.
Article 5: Security regulations that are posted in every lab have to be respected. The teacher is liable for his lab and has to supervise the respect of the security codes by his students.
Article 6: Every violation caused by any person (transgression of thne interior codes, degradation of materials and equipements, rude behaviour, …) is aexposed to the approprite penalties (warning, blame, exclusion and repairing damage).